Friday, February 10, 2012

How do you moisturize??

I have seen many questions on facebook on natural pages asking this question. Ladies that have issues with dryness and are not sure what they can do to alleviate it. When I first started my natural journey I had no clue about how important it was to moisturize. I focused more on the type of products I was using and not so much on moisture. Well if I knew what I know now I would have made more of an effort to keep my hair moisturized. For me I have found that specifically moisturizing my ends has had a profound affect on my hair. It is so important to keep the ends moisturized and the products that you do put on you hair for moisture should focus on that area. Why? Its the oldest part of your hair and if its not given the proper tlc that is when breakage will occur which we don't want. To me the best method to keep in moisture is LOC method, leave in, oil, and cream; for those of you that have drier hair I would suggest jojoba oil or coconut oil these two oil I found for me are very good for retaining moisture. Some other good oils are avocado, grapeseed (heat protectant), and tea tree oil. These oils can also be mixed in your shea butter mixture...Until next time stay naturally inspired ~Lex~

No comments:

Post a Comment