Saturday, January 21, 2012

Natural Hair Regimen

Natural Hair Regimen
It’s been about six months since my natural journey started and despite that I’m still trying to figure out a good regimen that works for my hair. There are so many products out there that claim to do this and that how do you really know what works for you??? Well to be honest being natural is very much a trial and error process that takes time. What I have learned so far personally dealing with my own hair is retaining moisture is very important. When you retain moisture your hair has the nutrients to grow and be healthy. Also be mindful of what products you use in your hair; now there are some naturals who use completely natural products. Does it really make difference?; In my opinion it depends on preference of the person and their hair.

Here are some suggestions to start a regimen find a really good moisturizing conditioner, try to keep shampooing to a minimum because of its dry factors (will discuss this further in another blog); and when you do wash your hair use a good deep conditioner or hot oil treatment before hand to prevent all the moisture from being washed away. Find a good leave-in that holds moisture in your hair; this can be difficult being as I have yet to find one that was the bomb. Keep in mind what works for one person’s hair as far as product may or may not work for you; so if you don’t get the same result don’t get discouraged try it again with different method or move on to a product that may be better. Finally if you have 4 hair type like myself find some good essential oils such as avocado oil or jojoba oil to hold in the moisture of a leave in. Also find an effective sealant because the main purpose is to keep the moisture in your hair. A sealant can be an oil or a shea butter of some sort. In future I will blog about various oils and their benefits if you have any questions don’t hesitate to email me until next time stay naturally inspired.

P.S. I’m really trying to get some followers to my blog so I will be featuring a giveaway very soon..stay tuned! Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment